Anne Shirley Theatre Company Levy Refund
Please see below for the ASTC Levy Refund Policy and Levy Refund Form. If you have any problems or questions at all (including accessibility) please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What is a Levy fee?
Every semester, Trent University students are charged a levy fee as part of their tuition. These funds go to groups such as the ASTC to help them finance the activities they provide for the Trent and Peterborough / Durham communities. Some levy fees, such as the one paid to the ASTC, are refundable should a student wish to abstain from funding certain levy groups. Please see below to find information on the ASTC and TCSA levy refund policies.
Levy Refund Policy
The Anne Shirley Theatre Company was granted a refundable levy fee by a referendum of the Trent student body. Please see below the process ASTC follows to remit refunds to students.
- Refunds are done on a semesterly basis due to a referenda question that passed in 2017 resulting in one half of each levy's fee being billed in the Fall and Winter semesters (click here for this year's fee)
- Student may apply for refunds using this form from September 1st to September 30th for the fall semester and January 1st January 31st for the Winter semester. As soon as ASTC receives the request we will process it. All levy refunds will be processed by the start of each reading break.
- No refunds will be given in the summer as levy fees are not billed in the summer.
- Any student requesting a refund must provide proof that they were billed the fee during that given term (by uploading a screen shot of their statement of account) and the name they provide to the company must match the name on their statement of account.
- The Company will only send e-transfer passwords to @trentu.ca email addresses as a security measure.
- Any levy refund request received outside the dates above will not be granted.